Monday, January 30, 2017

The Games We Play!   Authors and the SCA

This weekend I had the fortune of traveling to one of my favorite hobbies up in Northern Washington.   The Society for Creative Anachronism is a group that aspires to recreate the middle ages in all its varieties.   In this particular instance, it was an armed and armored combat tournament called Ursalmas.   This esteemed competition is considered one of the higher level tournaments in the Kingdom of Antir.   I've attached a video of one of the matches for your enjoyment. 

Enjoy!  

2 comments:

  1. Another author I enjoy, William Lehman, is in the SCA up there also I believe.

    Looking forward to more of your books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a great place to exercise creativity that is for sure. Also, fun to hit your friends with sticks and have a beer afterwards! I'm glad you like my books. I am working diligently on getting the next one out in Feb.

    ReplyDelete